The donation of July 2017 goes to:
Since 1969 the Los Angeles LGBT Center has cared for, championed, and celebrated LGBT individuals and families in Los Angeles and beyond.
Today the Center’s more than 600 employees provide services for more LGBT people than any other organisation in the world, offering programs, services, and global advocacy that span four broad categories: Health, Social Services and Housing, Culture and Education, Leadership and Advocacy.
The Los Angeles LGBT Center is building a world where LGBT people thrive as healthy, equal, and complete members of society.
- Respect. They provide a workplace and service environment where individuality is seen as strength and all people are treated with fairness and dignity.
- Excellence. They dedicate themselves to the highest quality in all their programs and services and seek employees, volunteers, and supporters who have a passion for helping others.
- Inclusiveness. They believe in the need for different perspectives and commit themselves to representation from all members of the diverse community.
- Innovation. They vigorously support pioneering programs and advocacy to meet community needs.
- Integrity. They work together to advance the Center’s mission, and they honour and apply these values in what they do and say.
Despite their size, scope, and determination to meet the growing demand for their services, they remain a lean, fiscally disciplined organisation, earning a four-star Charity Navigator rating for six consecutive years.
[This month’s donation is inspired by Phoebe Neidhardt]1,469 views