(الجمهورية العربية السورية/Al-Jumhūriyyah al-ʿArabiyyah as-Sūriyyah)
- Cordaid - one of the largest development organizations in the Netherlands and has a network of 890 partner organizations in 28 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America.
- Hand in Hand for Syria يدا بيد لنبني سوريا - a UK registered charity that was established in 2011 at the start of the Syrian uprising. A non-political organisation funded by individual donations.
- Mercy-USA – Syrian Refugee Relief - dedicated to alleviating human suffering and supporting individuals and their communities in their efforts to become more self-sufficient.
- Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) - the implementing body of the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC), which entered into force in 1997. As of today the OPCW has 189 Member States, who are working together to achieve a world free from chemical weapons. Winner of Nobel Peace Prize 2013.
- SOS Children's Villages – Syria - At present there are two SOS Children’s Villages in Syria, two SOS Youth Facilities, one SOS Kindergarten and one SOS Social Centre.
- Syria Relief - a non-political, non-denominational, non-governmental organisation, set up to co-ordinate a number of charitable activities that are taking place in the UK, to provide help and support to Syrian families and individuals in need, in Syria and outside it, i
- Syria Relief & Development (SRD) - Their immediate goal is to provide and distribute humanitarian relief for the citizens of Syria who have been subjected to violence, intimidation, fear and torture over the last few months.
- Zakat foundation of America – Syria - a Muslim charity that collects zakat, sadaqa / donations to provide humanitarian, emergency relief and sustainable development programs to empower lives throughout the world.
(these are just some random organizations. There are many, many more out there…)